Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
-Emerson, Essays: First Series. Art
Why Would You Go Anywhere Else?
Our goal is to provide the highest quality of orthodontics with a personal touch.
In addition, we strive to be the most accessible and convenient orthodontic office for our patients.
Finally, we are driven by a passion for innovation, education, and exceptional service.
Innovative Orthodontics – Warm People – Beautiful Smiles
MOST ACCESSIBLE AND CONVENIENT FOR OUR PATIENTS
• We offer 3 convenient locations in Portage, Paw Paw and Kalamazoo
• We have spread ourselves around to serve your needs
• Club 57: We have extended hours/evening appointments
CONVENIENT FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS DESIGNED FOR YOU
• No fee complimentary initial evaluations
• We offer a variety of convenient payment plans designed just for your lifestyle
• We accept and work with the majority of insurances
• We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
• We offer the ease of direct debit plans
• No Down Payment options: Springstone, Chase, and Care Credit services
Don’t Like Your Smile? Let Us Give You One of Ours!
MULTIPLE INNOVATIVE TREATMENT OPTIONS
• Our own Butterfly System: Concept, Comfortable, Colorful™
• Dr. Bowman designed our own signature series of braces, the Butterfly System™ manufactured by American Orthodontics, Inc., featured in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, Orthodontic Practice US, Journal of the Indian Society of Orthodontist, and used internationally since 1998. These miniature low-profile brackets are esthetic and designed for exceptional comfort, hygiene, esthetics and to address specific issues.
• Patients select from a large variety color ligature “ties” for colorful and fun braces.
• Self-ligation braces including the Empower, In-Ovation-R, Quick, Damon and Vision braces used for specific patient applications.
• Clear braces (Radiance, Clarity, and Opal Avex) are wonderful esthetic braces options.
• Invisible or “lingual” braces also available for minor treatments (In-Ovation-L; MTM).
• Invisalign™ (braceless) treatment: We were selected as 1 of just 4 orthodontists in the U.S. for the IRB-regulated, Invisalign™ Teen Investigative Research Team.
• Dr. Bowman was one of the very first Michigan orthodontists certified to provide Invisalign; now with more than a decade of experience. In 1996, he was the first and continues to be the only Invisalign Premier Provider and Invisalign Teen™ Provider in the Kalamazoo area.
• Kalamazoo Orthodontics is the first practice in the area certified in the use of Insignia Custom-Designed Braces™. Individually customized, computer designed orthodontic braces for greater comfort, shorter treatment, and as individual as you.
• Pioneers in the development of miniscrew temporary anchorage; OrthoAccel and Propel regional acceleratory phenomenon for enhanced tooth movement; research using laser fluorescence (DIAGNOdent) and protecting enamel with Duraflor and Opal Seal; Dr. Bowman designed our Axis Adhesive Polishing Set. We have also participated in published research on molar distalization (12 master’s theses) and our own award-winning work on esthetics.
• Emphasis on making orthodontics easier for patients. Reducing compliance issues by using devices like some of the dozens that Dr. Bowman has designed:
Bowman Modification™, Horseshoe Jet™, Quick Fix™, Kilroy Springs™,
Bowman Consolidator, Bowman Protractor, Jet Accelerator, Ulysses Springs and TAD Bite Opener Springs, TPA+, and our own Class II Combination Therapy methodology
• New Technology such as Gendex Digital X-ray, Dolphin Imaging, IACT Patient Instruction System, DIAGNOdent laser diagnosis, GENTLEray DIODE laser, Opal Valo LED Curing light, KaVo ELECTROtorque electronic handpieces.
• First U.S. private practitioner to adopt the new AcceleDent System: The Fast Track to
Straight Teeth. Wearing AcceleDent for 20 minutes per day has been demonstrate to reduce treatment time by 30-40%.
• First area practice to adopt the Crest/Oral-B Ortho Essentials oral health program featuring the Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 5000 toothbrush.
• Dr. Bowman designed Duralight retainers.
• That extra step: finishing with AOA Positioners using our published protocol.
• Conservative approaches to Two-Part Treatments and Interceptive Treatments:
Only 7% of our patients undergo a “Phase I” or early treatment.
• Our research has demonstrated that treatment time ranges from 6-36 months, but the average time is 24.8 months and we pride ourselves on a high, on-time finishing percentage. We strive to reduce treatment times with new advents like the Insignia system, OrthoAccel, and miniscrews (TADs).
• Rapid Transit Treatment: Climb aboard the Kalamazoo Orthodontic Express with or without the railroad train tracks.
CONCIERGE SERVICE: THE LITTLE THINGS DONE RIGHT
• Three exceptionally unique, convenient, and comfortable practice locations
• Always a warm reception from our talented staff at Kalamazoo Orthodontics
• Visit our Keurig coffee bar; stocked with Gloria Jeans coffees and Celestial tea
• Refresh with our Hot Towel dispenser and complimentary hand sanitizer
• Aroma Whisper Diffuser aromatherapy
• Baby-changing station
• Free Wifi service and complimentary computer to check your e-mail
• Relax in our iJoy massage chairs and enjoy plenty of entertaining reading material
• We do the research for you: read Dr. Bowman’s articles and publications
• Children’s area with video games, saltwater aquarium, water fountain, and fun stickers
• Clinic area flat screen TV’s and Bose sound; we’re always rockin’
• Tour our unique and eclectic office décor and themed rooms and hallways
• Personal, Doctor-conducted consultations
• IACT patient instruction and Dolphin imaging
• New Patient Ambassador for personal attention
• A concierge experience for you is our pleasure
• Personal appointment reminder calls
• Convenience: call us on your lunch hour to make your appointments
• Club 57 for 9-5ers, we offer 5 to 7 p.m.
• Newswire newsletters to keep you informed
• Show-off our cool new Kalamazoo Orthodontic KO tee-shirts
• We have been featured in a number of publications including Orthodontic Products,
Ortho Tribune, OrthoTOWN, Kieferorthopadie Nachrichten in Germany, Journal
of the Asian Pacific Orthodontic Society, The Barbados Advocate, Vida Hoje in Brazil, The University of Toronto Alumni News, Great Lakes Family, Kalamazoo Gazette, and Kalamazoo Weekly
• We take our work seriously, but pride ourselves in doing it in an enjoyable way!
YOUR BOARD-CERTIFIED ORTHODONTIST
• Dr. Bowman is on the faculty of three universities: The University of Michigan, Saint Louis University, and Case Western Reserve University. He has been invited to lecture in over 27 countries (on 6 continents) and 34 U.S. states. He has published over 115 articles, 8 book chapters, as well as his own orthodontic textbook on miniscrew anchorage.
• Dr. Bowman is board-certified (Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontists).
• He has been a member of the Examining Committee of the Angle East component of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists and a member of the Michigan Dental Association Peer Review Panel.
• He received the Southwest Michigan Quality Council Performance Excellence Award for Outcomes Improvement and Contribution to the Community.
• He is on the Editorial Advisory and Review Boards of 12 orthodontic publications.
• Dr. Bowman was honored with the Orthodontic Alumni Merit Award from Saint Louis University, the Angle Research Award from the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists, the American Association of Orthodontists Award, and the P.R. Begg Scholarship Award.
• He has served as President and on the Board of the Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society and was honored with the Daniel Ganz Award, the Distinguished Service Award, and the President’s Award on four occasions.
• Dr. Bowman is a member of the American, Great Lakes, and Michigan Association of Orthodontists; the American and Michigan Dental Associations, and the Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society; honorary groups: International and the American Colleges of Dentists along with the Pierre Fauchard Academy; the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics; the Michigan Tweed Orthodontic Study Club; and World Federation of Orthodontists.
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. -James Thurber
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Portage – Kalamazoo – Paw Paw
Call for a Free Evaluation: 269-344-2466
Making Southwest Michigan More Beautiful
One Smile at a Time